Friday 7 September 2012

DIY Inspiration: NYFW Part 1

It is that time of year again! New York Fashion Week is arguably better and more anticipated than Christmas for the fashion obsessed. While I never fool myself into even thinking that I could ever afford anything I see going down the runway, I do always love keeping my eyes peeled for DIY ideas. The week is just getting going but I am already being bombarded with crafting ideas. Here are a few of the things that have caught my eye so far.

Who needs a belt? The See by Chloe collection showed how some extra fabric tied around the waist can be used as a beautiful way to layer. I feel like this is a glamorous take on the whole sweatshirt around the waist look from the early 90s


Misha Nanoo got creative with stripes. This look could easily be recreated by cutting a skirt/dress and adding in layers of sheer fabric.


Designers, so far, have been showing that the peplum isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Peter Som took it one step farther by sending embellished peplums down his runway. Since I am always a fan of embellishment this look is for sure going on my DIY list. Also, notice how he turned simple headbands into statement pieces by added some veil netting to them. With just a little glue this look would be a snap to recreate. 


Prudence

All photos from Style.com


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...