Sunday 3 June 2012

DIY Crochet Necklace

I think I can trace my love of DIY projects back to the night I learned how to crochet. A boy I had a giant crush on when I was 15 taught me, and ever since that night I have been addicted....to crocheting, not the boy. So here is a little DIY project for all my fellow crocheting bloggers out there.


What you will need

Crochet Thread
A very small crochet hook, I used a 2.25 mm hook
Jewelery Chain
Jewelery Closure
4 Jump Rings
Pliers
Wire Cutters or something besides your fabric scissors to cut the chain to the right length
Embroidery Needle

Instructions

1.I adapted a pattern for doily pebbles from the blog A La Sascha, click here to get the pattern.
2. Make Rounds 1-4 of the star pattern. This will give you small round doily like circles. Make 9 of them. After you get use to the pattern and working with crochet thread, these actually work up very quickly.

3. After you have all 9 circles made sew in the ends with your embroidery needle.
4. Lay the circles out in the shape of the necklace, making a pyramid with a row of 4 circles at the top and working your way down to the final row of 1 circle.
5. With all of your circles laid out properly begin sewing them together with your embroidery needle.

6. Now that you have all the crocheting and sewing done you are almost there! Cut two lengths of chain 7.5 inches long, or however long you like to get the desired length of your necklace.

7. Attach a jump ring to each end of the row of four circles, attach a length of chain to each jump ring as well and close the jump rings with your pliers.
8. Attach a jump ring to the other end of both lengths of chain and attach your necklace closure to these jump rings. Pinch the jump rings closed with your pliers.
9. Wear and enjoy!

Prudence

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...